Effective Date: January 1, 2021
This Notice provides information about data we collect, use, and share, and our commitment to using the personal data we collect in a respectful fashion.
We at Reconfig Cloud Services Inc. including our affiliates (“Reconfig”, “we”, “us”, “our”), care deeply about privacy, security, and online safety, all of which are a significant part of our essential mission: to protect users of our products and services (“you” and “your”) from the risks of theft, disruption, and unauthorized access to their online information and activities. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use, and share your personal data through our website (our “Site”), products, services, and web-based and mobile applications (collectively, the “Services”) or when you interact with us.
Reconfig sells products and services directly to corporations and business customers, as well as may sell directly to consumers . This Privacy Notice applies both to the information we collect from you or your device when you download one of our Services and to the information we collect when one of our distribution partners or business customers installs our Services on your device.
As Reconfig grows, our business changes, and we may update this Notice at any time as we deem appropriate to reflect those changes. If there are any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email, in-product notification, or as otherwise required by applicable law. It is important that you check back and make sure that you have reviewed the most current version of this Notice.
This Notice applies to all users of our Services across the world. Some users, including residents of the European Economic Area, may have additional rights depending on where they are located, which are described in this Notice.
- What Kinds of Information Do We Collect?
In order to provide our Services, we collect information. Some information you provide directly to us, some we collect automatically through our Services, and some is collected from third parties. In this Notice, “Personal Data” refers to data that could be used, alone or in combination with other data, to identify you as an individual.
We collect information you provide to us. For example, we collect information when you purchase a product or service, create an account, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer service, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of Personal Data you may provide includes:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Payment information (including payment card numbers and associated identifiers, billing address, and bank account information); and
- Account log-in credentials (which for some Services may include social network credentials).
We may also collect other information from or about you, such as information about what products you purchased, your interests, demographic information, photographs and videos, and biometric data such as fingerprints or voice prints. You may also provide us with additional data. For example, when you use our identity theft protection services, you will have the option to provide your social media log-in information so that we can monitor your social media accounts.
We automatically collect information about your interactions with the Services as well as devices on which the Services are installed.
For example, we may collect and use the following:
- Information about the products you looked at or searched for and the Services you used, including time spent and other statistical information; and
- Details about your computers, devices, applications, and networks, including internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, Bluetooth device IDs, mobile device ID, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser IDs, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, language preferences, battery level, on/off status, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences. We may collect this information through our Services or through other methods of web analysis.
In order to provide you our Services, we may scan your configuration settings and or other files.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may receive information about you from other sources and combine that information with the information we collect directly. Examples of information we may receive from other sources include: updated delivery or payment information used to correct our records; purchase or redemption information; and customer support and enrollment information.
Certain Services may request permission to access your location. Where you grant this permission, we will collect information about your location using GPS, wireless, or Bluetooth technology. You can control access to precise location information through your mobile device settings. We also may look up your IP address to determine your general location.
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
To Help Protect You
When you install or use one of our Services, it will periodically run to help predict threats and better protect you, your devices, and your information. For example, Reconfig may use information to:
- Analyze data about your third party services to identify threats or vulnerabilities and communicate with you about potential threats;
- Participate in threat intelligence networks, conduct research, and adapt products and services to help respond to new threats;
- Check for Service updates and create performance reports on our Services, to ensure they are performing properly; and
- Look for misuses of your data when you use our identity monitoring products.
To Run Our Business
We also use the information we collect for other business purposes, including to:
- Analyse your behaviour to measure, customize, and improve our Site and Services, including developing new products and services;
- Advertise Reconfig products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Establish and manage accounts and licenses, including by collecting and processing payments and completing transactions;
- Provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage subscriptions, and respond to requests, questions, and comments;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers and promotions;
- Conduct market and consumer research and trend analyses;
- Enable posting on our blogs, forums, and other public communications;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities;
- Prevent, detect, identify, investigate, and respond to potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behaviour, and criminal activity; and
- Comply with and enforce legal rights, requirements, agreements, and policies.
- Third-Party Advertising
We work with third-party advertising companies to display or deliver ads to you while you are interacting with others’ sites. These third-party advertisers may collect data about your interaction with the Site or others’ sites or services to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content.
We may use Personal Data for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Data or with your consent.
- Who Do We Share Personal Data With?
Generally, we disclose the information we collect to provide the Services, to communicate with you, to advertise or promote our Services, to facilitate changes to or transfers of our business, as required by law, or with your consent.
We may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- With current and future members of the Reconfig family of companies for the purposes described in this Notice;
- With service providers who perform services for us;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss, including to protect against fraud or credit risk;
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities as instructed or required by those authorities and applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigation of suspected illicit or illegal activities, or where we believe in good faith that users may be engaged in illicit or illegal activities, or where we are bound by contract or law to enable a customer or business partner to comply with applicable laws;
- In connection with, or during negotiations for, an acquisition, merger, asset sale, or other similar business transfer that involves all or substantially all of our assets or functions where Personal Data is transferred or shared as part of the business assets (provided that such party agrees to use or disclose such Personal Data consistent with this Notice or gains your consent for other uses or disclosures);
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information or publicly post content and reviews (for example, social media posts); and
- With persons of your choosing and at your discretion, should the product you are subscribed to allow that functionality. We may also share aggregate data that does not identify you or any specific device with third parties.
- How Do We Protect Your Data?
We use administrative, organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to protect the Personal Data we collect and process. Our security controls are designed to maintain data confidentiality, integrity, and an appropriate level of availability.
- What Choices Do You Have About Your Personal Data?
If you register a Reconfig Product, you can access and correct the Personal Data in your profile at any time by visiting My Account or contacting us as described below.
To close your account and for other support questions, please provide the details of your request on the Reconfig Contact Us page available at https://www.reconfig.com/about#contact.
To stop receiving marketing communications, click on the unsubscribe link in the email.
If you choose to no longer receive marketing information, Reconfig may still communicate with you regarding transactional, legal or administrative topics, such as security updates, product functionality, and service requests.
Individual Rights in Personal Data
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your Personal Data; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your Personal Data; (iii) receive a portable copy of your Personal Data, or ask us to send that information to another organization (the “right of data portability”); (iv) seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed Personal Data; (v) restrict our processing of your Personal Data; (vi) object to our processing of your Personal Data; and (vii) request erasure of Personal Data held about you by us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please provide your request on our Contact Us Page available at https://www.reconfig.com/about#contact or contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. For some requests and where permitted by law, an administrative fee may be charged. We will advise you of any applicable fee prior to performing your request.
- How Long Does Reconfig Retain the Personal Data it Collects?
Reconfig will keep your Personal Data for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice, namely (i) for as long as you are a registered subscriber or user of our products or (ii) for as long as your Personal Data are necessary in connection with the lawful purposes set out in this Notice, for which we have a valid legal basis or (iii) for as long as is reasonably necessary for business purposes related to provision of the Services, such as internal reporting and reconciliation purposes, warranties or to provide you with feedback or information you might request. Where required by law, we will delete your biometric data within three years of your last interaction with the Services.
In addition, if any relevant legal claims are brought, we may continue to process your Personal Data for such additional periods as are necessary in connection with that claim.
Once the above mentioned periods, each to the extent applicable, have concluded, we will either permanently delete, destroy, or de-identify the relevant Personal Data so that it can no longer reasonably be tied to you.
- Residents of specific jurisdictions
Residents of Japan, Argentina, and Canada
If you are a resident of Japan, Argentina, or Canada and you have an inquiry regarding your personal information held by Reconfig, including your personal information collected through your use of our products you may request further information by providing your request using the Contact Us Page available at https://www.reconfig.com/about#contact.
Residents of California
Your California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light Law: Reconfig does not share information that identifies you personally with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
California Consumer Privacy Act – If you are a resident of California, you may submit a request to exercise your rights in Personal Data by providing your request using the Contact Us Page available at https://www.reconfig.com/about#contact. For purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act, Reconfig does not “sell” your Personal Data.
Residents of Nevada
Reconfig does not sell information that identifies you personally with non-affiliated third parties. If you would like to make a request that we not sell identifying information about you in the future, you may make a request using the contact information below.
- Links to Other Websites
Our Site and Services may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Reconfig. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with Reconfig.
- Contact Us
You can also contact us regarding this Privacy Notice or other related Privacy issues by completing the Contact Us Page available at https://www.reconfig.com/about#contact. You can also write to us as follows:
Reconfig Cloud Services Inc.
Attn: Legal Department – Privacy Office
192 Dundas St Suite 400, London, ON N6A 1G7
or call us at +1 (833) 732-6344